Travel Store – Terms & Conditions
RailYatri is ONLY a platform connecting buyers with the sellers. It has tied up with a list of Merchants to provide comprehensive choices for buyers in terms of product range, prices and brands.
RailYatri's advice to customers is to choose products that they are aware of and ones that they are comfortable using.
All deliveries would be made to the desired delivery address mentioned by the buyer during the product purchase process. The buyers need to stay responsible for:
- Providing the accurate delivery address and contact details. RailYatri is not liable for any non- deliveries caused due to faulty address provided by the buyer.
- Non-delivery of goods caused by the buyer not receiving calls from the courier partners.
- Unavailability of the buyer or any representative at the mentioned delivery address when the courier partner arrives for delivery, after intimating the same prior.
If these requisites are not met, the product MAY not be delivered.
Product out of stock:
- In case, the ordered item (that was in stock while placing the order) has gone out of stock before shipping out due to some reason, RailYatri will refund the order amount to the customer.
Product expectations not met:
- Product images available at RailYatri app are in high resolution and meant to depict the proper characteristics of a product. But there might be small variations in the exact (real-life) looks of the product. In case, there are any discrepancies found, the buyer should intimate RailYatri within 10 days of product delivery.
7.2 Communication Policy
By accepting the terms and conditions the customer accepts that:
- RailYatri may send the alerts to mobile phone number and at the email address provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any changes in the contact details as informed by the customer.
- The customer acknowledges that the order shipment alerts will be received only if the mobile phone is in ‘On’ mode to receive the SMS. If the mobile phone is in "Off" mode then the customer may not get/get after delay any alerts sent during such period.
- The customer accepts that RailYatri would not be held responsible for any delays or non-delivery of alerts sent to the email address, mentioned by the buyer, due to Internet connectivity issues.
- RailYatri will make best efforts to provide the service and it shall be deemed that the customer have received the information sent from RailYatri as an alert on the mobile phone number or through emails provided during the course of product purchase and RailYatri shall not be under any obligation to confirm the authenticity of the person(s) receiving the alert.
- The customer acknowledges that the clarity, readability, accuracy, and promptness of providing service depends on many factors including the infrastructure, connectivity of the service provider. RailYatri shall not be responsible for any non-delivery, delayed delivery or distortion of the alert in any way whatsoever.
- The customer agrees to indemnify and holds RailYatri’s officials harmless from any damages, claims, demands, proceedings, loss, cost, charges and expenses whatsoever including legal charges and attorney fees which RailYatri and the Alerts service provider may at any time incur, sustain, suffer or be put to as a consequence of or arising out of:
- Misuse, improper or fraudulent information provided by the customer.
- The customer providing incorrect phone number/email address or providing such contact details that belongs to an unrelated third party, and/or
- The customer receiving any message or email related to the product purchase details, the shipping details, etc.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, the customer acknowledges and agrees that RailYatri may use the mobile phone number and email address provided by the customer while registering for the service or to any such number replaced and informed by the customer, for the purpose of collecting feedback from the customer regarding their shopping experience, wish list of products, brands, etc.
- Grievances and claims related to the Travel Store products should be reported to RailYatri’s support team within 10 days of your delivery day.
7.2 Reward Points & Cashbacks
- Reward Points are only applicable for pre-paid orders.
- Reward Point system may vary from time to time and may exclude certain ranges of Travel Store products.
- Offers are valid for limited time period and till stock lasts. They would be governed by the Travel Store Terms & Conditions.
- Reward Points once used cannot be re-used.
- Used Reward Points will not be credited back on cancelling or returning the order.
- RailYatri reserves the right to change, limit, modify or withdraw Reward Points from the products at its own discretion and without assigning any reason whatsoever. RailYatri will not be liable to entertain or accept any claim pertaining to such withdrawal.
- Reward Points cannot be clubbed with RailYatri Cash, Special/Corporate/Employee privileges.
7.4 Order Cancellations
Orders from the Travel Store can be cancelled within 24 hours after the order is placed.
- For cancellation of orders not yet shipped, full refund would be credited to the original payment method. Refunds are credited with 5-6 business days.
- A cancellation or return request for orders already shipped can be raised by the buyer. When the return request is received there will be a Reverse shipment arranged.
- Upon receipt of the Reverse shipment for a damaged product, it would be sent forward to the Merchant for quality checks. Once the product is proven faulty, damaged or not what the buyer ordered for, RailYatri will process the refund.
- Refunds are credited within 10 business days and sent to the original payment mode. Complete order amount would be refunded only if a faulty item has been delivered and the item cannot be replaced with a new piece.
- In case of product returns, it should be noted that that RailYatri that the Cashback offers against the order would be held nullified. While the remaining balance for payments made for the order through cash, bank transfer or any other payment source would be credited to the original source of payment.
- If a product is sent back in damaged condition by the buyer, then RailYatri would not process the refund and neither stay responsible for the reverse courier costs.
How does the customer cancel Travel Store orders?
- Mobile App users can cancel using the app under 'My Orders'.
7.5 Refund Policy
Order return requests must be placed to RailYatri within 10 days of the product delivery. Returns are not valid for certain non-returnable products listed in the Travel Store (such as disposable products, fridge magnets, occasional items, hygiene products, mobile handsets, etc.). Products must be returned in the same condition and along with their original packaging.
- Order Return request should be raised by emailing RailYatri at firstname.lastname@example.orgThe email should contain details such as: order number, product details and the reason for return.
- In case of receipt of damaged or defective items, or delivered item not as per the order; buyers should contact RailYatri within 24 hours of the order delivery. Pictures of the product, as received, should be sent along with the refund/replacement request.
- Once the return request is received, RailYatri’s team would check the issue and arrange for reverse pickup. In some instances, the buyers might be asked to self-ship the return order, if a suitable courier partner is not available for the reverse pickup.
- In case of self-shipping, the buyer’s shipping charges would be reimbursed if the returned product meets RailYatri’s Returns and Exchange Policy. To claim reimbursement, the buyer is responsible for providing an image of the courier receipt for self-shipping.
- When self-shipping, the buyer should make sure that the items are safely and securely packed to prevent any loss or damage while in transit.
- In case of self-shipping a return, the tracking details for the shipment should be shared with RailYatri within 10 days of dispatch.
- Courier cost of Rs. 100 will be deducted for return of orders below the order value of Rs. 1000. If the buyer self-ships the return, then the courier cost would be reimbursed while the order value would be credited to the original mode of payment.
RailYatri's responsibilities include: Issuing a receipt against the purchase of any merchandise, providing refund and support in the event of order cancellation or return request, providing customer support and information in case of any product query, inconvenience or delay in delivery.
RailYatri's responsibilities do NOT include:Warranty specifics of the merchandise sold at RailYatri, mediation in any conflict between the buyer and merchant, non-delivery of products due to the absence of the buyer at the allotted time and at the mentioned delivery address or in the event of the buyer not taking calls of the courier partners.